Sunday, May 21, 2006

poetry

Taken
Your eyes
-- flitting
Golden
and flitting
Not giving me a chance
to see them for
any amount of time
There in the gut
lies recycled adrenaline
which
nauseates and
irritates
Nothing is sacred when
you end my
sentences with
I
don't
care.
Goosebumps reach
each nook of flesh
and cause pit to squirm ill.
You wanted a pickle
I don't care.
(Something's awry when the pickles you purchase are wrapped in plastic and kept in a shoebox in the closet down the hall).

Apathy is
a sardonic
book allowing you
to speak but
showing your age and
lack of maturity and
lack of responsibility and
lack of respect.
A token of your
love reads
apathetic
indignity
indigent
apathetic
and the words
I write will go
unread
because
you will glance
or even read
but
you will never
understand
I want the adrenaline
to die or diminish
but it rests within
flowing more boldly
than blood.

-akalvig 2000

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy your poems are very good! Keep writing. See, someone does read your blog! smiles, gg

Amy said...

So cool to know that!!! Thanks!!